Well, last Thursday, I got out and did two really tough hours of clearance of rubbish in the garden. You may remember that the garden was threatened by vast swathes of nettles, brambles and bindweed. Part of this situation was created by the proliferation of rubbish that had been progressively dumped in the garden, things such as doors, bits of polytunnel frames, old tables and so forth.
Eventually, I got it removed from along the northern perimeter and left the ditch free for my next task, which is to move some willows from the southern perimeter in to create a wind break where trees have been felled on the boundary wall. Also I used some of the rubbish to create a barrier to marauding deer, who sometimes frequent the garden when they come down into the lowlands during the winter. This picture should explain what I did and show the ditch where I will be planting the willows below the bed.
So the next task will be to move the willows, add more branches to the boundary, clear off any remaining rubbish from the bed, mark out the bed and then create the raised beds. Then I can decide what to plant.